Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chalk and glue, you can too!

Welcome to challenge #5

Chalk and Glue
For this challenge we will have one winner
Winner will win a set of 4 chalks
We will also pick two projects for every challenge that
will be honored with the Chalkboard award.
We will have a page on the blog for Chalkboard winners!

So here is my project

.
Rose is colored with a glue that I have mixed a tiny bit of chalk with.

Elements in this cards are:
Chalk & Glue
Ribbon
Corner rounder
Designer paper
Stamps by Stamp N Plus Scrap N

This card is entered into the following challenges
The Craft Place Anything Goes
Catch The Bug Anything Goes
Catered Crop Ribbon 


Powdered Chalk & Paint
How did I do this......Technique.


For this sampleI used a different image. 
The rose above was done the same way with a
different color chalk. 


 I am going to mix it with paint.  I am using Buzz N Magic Paint made by same company that sells the powdered chalk.

Here is the list of supplies that I will be using:

4X4 acrylic block
2 q-tips
Chalk-ah-lot in the color of Foggy
White paint
Baby wipe
and my image
.







Just to let you all know that this chalk comes in so many colors it is hard to choose. You will have to be like me and get them all. And to say a little goes a long way is an under statement. Once you try Chalk-ah-lot you will not want to go back to the cake form of chalk.
First of all I take the paint and I put a small amount on my acrylic block and then take a little of the chalk and mix it right in. I use one of my q-tips to mix it.





Mix it to the color you want. If you want the color darker just add a little more chalk. Notice I have now snipped the tip off one on my q-tips that is for easier painting as I paint with the q-tips. You don't have to use them but they are easier for me.


I have now painted the first mouse and you can see the color on the paper nicely. I then finish them all up. You can add other colors to this if you wish. I am only using one color in this example. Once your images are finished clean up is a breeze. I just take a baby wipe and the paint just comes off.










There super easy to clean up and you will have a nice finished image. Hope you enjoyed this technique on how to use powdered chalk.
 

Please stop by the design team members blogs
 to see the specific details on
how they created their card using chalk. 

Now we want to see what you have done with chalk. 
You can use any chalk and any stamps for this and the next challenge only. 
Starting with our third challenge, you will have to use our chalk and
our stamps.  We will be giving sets of chalk and rubber
stamps sets away as prizes.


Thanks
For stopping!
Tammylee

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty card and a fun technique. Thank you for sharing the details on how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m stopping by from the Catered Crop. Your cards are gorgeous - I just love the rose. Thank you for sharing this technique.

    ~Cheryl~
    **Check out my March Blog Candy**

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting technique - great on the mice and the rose. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stamping, love it. You have totally nailed the challenge, thanks for sharing with us at LIIU. good luck. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card and technique. Thank you for sharing and Joining LIIU challenge. Hugs, Velma LIIU DTM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well how interesting. Love the effect. Thanks for shareing with us at Bugaboo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very neat! thanks for joining this weeks anything goes challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card and such a wonderful technique. Thanks for joining us at LIIU.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful project! thank you for joining us over on Lets Ink it Up!
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done it again! Totally beautiful flower creations! So nice to see! Thanks for joining us at LIIU this month!

    ReplyDelete

All About Tammylee

My photo
Superior, WI, United States
Just a little about me, I have two grown sons and have been married 34 years to my best friend. We live in Northern Wisconsin so I have a lot of time to work on my projects in the Winter. The rest of the year I buy out my time. I have loved crafts all my life. I started my first scrapbook when I was in 7th grade. I was the Historian for my OEA (Office Education Association) club in high school and college. I am the design team coordinator for Chalk N Stock. I have been the design team coordinator for several other groups as well. I am a design team member of Chalk N Stock. I was a Card Stylist for DRS Designs. I have been A Crafting Start, Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company, Ready, Set, Create and Digi Darla'son Bella Digi Studio, Baby Buds, Chalk-Ah-Lot, Inktegrity, Digi's With Attitude!, Fairy Knoll , Stamping Plus Scrap N, Craft Us Crazy, Shannon's Sentiments, Paper Cupcakes, DtsArt, IDIC and many GD spots. Gotta love stamping.