Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Making plastic beads out of pop bottles!

So today, I have decided to show you have to make beads out of a plastic pop bottle!
I have had so many ask me how do you do that so this is how! 
How you find is so easy that you have to start saving all the pop bottles you can find too. 
WARNING
 this is very addicting!

Supplies:
Pop bottle
Scissors
Needle nose pliers
Heat gun
Copic Markers
Chalk-Ah-Lot Powdered Chalk
We have a special promotion!

4 basic chalks for $6 plus shipping,
This does not include metallic or stardust.

Here it the bottle cut up into strips!
You do not have to have long strips!
I like between 3 and 4 inches long.

Here is a photo of the strips colored with Copic markers
I also added Stardust powdered chalk to the
strips while the Copic ink was still wet.
The Stardust is what makes a nice glimmer shine to the bead!

Some Strips and beads!

Lets make some beads!
Take one strip and wind it around the pliers.


This is what it looks like when it is all the way twisted.
I then move the pliers to hold the outer edge of the plastic strip down.
As shown in the next photo. 


Next here you will heat it with a heat gun.
Here is the finished bead!

Notice that they now look like glass!

Some look frosty here and those are the ones with Stardust chalk!


Have fun with these beads!
Use them in all your projects!
Thanks for stopping by!
Tammylee
This doesn't take long and you can get the bead to different
lengths and widths by practicing.

11 comments:

  1. Tammy..Pure genius! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how cool is that...I have a pop bottle from yesterday...I will have to give it a try...maybe the next Chalk post I do will be using this technique? Thanks for sharing girly...great tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning, you will save every bottle you can find!

      Delete
  3. teehee! Addicting indeed! LOVE making these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I can see how this would be addicting. I'm already thinking about how I can get my hand on a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are fab! I am desperate to get kids ready for bed so i can go play! Will have to have a few glasses of the juice as by bottle is still half full!!

    Thanks for sharing this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fun tutorial I wil have to try this one~ Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and so colorful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Tammy...what a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I know some kids that are going to enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete

All About Tammylee

My photo
Superior, WI, United States
Just a little about me, I have two grown sons and have been married 34 years to my best friend. We live in Northern Wisconsin so I have a lot of time to work on my projects in the Winter. The rest of the year I buy out my time. I have loved crafts all my life. I started my first scrapbook when I was in 7th grade. I was the Historian for my OEA (Office Education Association) club in high school and college. I am the design team coordinator for Chalk N Stock. I have been the design team coordinator for several other groups as well. I am a design team member of Chalk N Stock. I was a Card Stylist for DRS Designs. I have been A Crafting Start, Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company, Ready, Set, Create and Digi Darla'son Bella Digi Studio, Baby Buds, Chalk-Ah-Lot, Inktegrity, Digi's With Attitude!, Fairy Knoll , Stamping Plus Scrap N, Craft Us Crazy, Shannon's Sentiments, Paper Cupcakes, DtsArt, IDIC and many GD spots. Gotta love stamping.